Practicing adventure sports during a trip is a different experience for which you will need some preparation
If you want to spend a different vacation, practice adventure sports is a good alternative. There are different activities you can try to experience the adrenaline and discover that you are much stronger than you imagine.
But before venturing, it is good that you keep in mind some tips that will help you to enjoy the experience even more. Adequate acclimatization, preparation and implements are important and vary according to the activity you are going to carry out.
1. To go trekking
- Take daily walks or practice swimming to increase your strength in the legs and increase your breathing capacity.
- Consume vegetables, grains, fruits will give you more energy.
- Study the route and prepare an alternate contingency plan in case of emergency.
- If you make the walk to more than 3 thousand meters of height, devote one day to the acclimatization.
- It is key to bring nuts and plenty of water.
2. To practice mountain biking
- Do cardiovascular and power work at least three times a week for two months.
- Get a special bike for your sport, according to your size and physical condition.
- Study the route to get the tires ready and have the necessary clothing.
- If the route is short, pick it up a week before on foot. Make descents in the city with your bike to practice.
3. For climbing
- You should not have ailments in the joints of the knees, wrists, ankles or in the spine.
- The work concentrates 70% in the legs and 30% in the arms. Your weight should be relative to your height.
- A month before, he trained in climbing places: he learns to position his hands. Gymnastics and pilates will help you be more flexible.
- If you go to more than 3500 meters of height you must acclimatise yourself with short walks.
4. To rafting
- Consume breakfasts that include fruits and carbohydrates for energy.
- Walk or run frequently.
- Learn about the forms of communication to use in the water, what your safety equipment should consist of and what level of river flow you will visit.
- Keep in mind that when you are a beginner, you must choose rivers where water passes quickly but in which there are not many obstacles to get around.